Removing Duplicate Records in a Database.recordset
Author Message
 Removing Duplicate Records in a Database.recordset

Hello!

I have a recordset in a database which is populated automatically by a
program I have written.  However, quite often the program produces
duplicate records; could someone provide an example how to
programmatically remove duplicate records?

Here's the situation.

The recordset has three fields, "Term or Word", "Location", and
"Title".  I only want to remove the records which are identical in all
three fields.

Thansk!

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Removing Duplicate Records in a Database.recordset
I think you might want to take a look at approaching why your program would
create duplicates instead....

Before you commit data to the database, check to see if it exists already.
Sorry if this sounds negative, but I have done exactly what you are stating;
writing a fix to a problem.  Fix the problem.

DWilliams

Quote:
> Hello!

> I have a recordset in a database which is populated automatically by a
> program I have written.  However, quite often the program produces
> duplicate records; could someone provide an example how to
> programmatically remove duplicate records?

> Here's the situation.

> The recordset has three fields, "Term or Word", "Location", and
> "Title".  I only want to remove the records which are identical in all
> three fields.

> Thansk!

Thu, 26 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing duplicate records in a database.

2. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

3. Automate removing duplicate records

4. Removing duplicate records in SQL

5. Removing Duplicate Records

6. Removing Duplicate Records VB6/Access2000

7. Searching and removing Duplicate records

8. Removing duplicate records locks up Outlook

9. Want to remove duplicate records in CR 9

10. remove duplicate records from a table

11. remove duplicate records from a table

12. remove duplicate records