how to protect a DAO-database app. by the database itself ?
Author Message
 how to protect a DAO-database app. by the database itself ?

I want to protect my database app. from being copied by means of securing
the database. The mdb-file is installed at a server while all users have an
unprotected .exe link on their desktop. The communication with the mdb-file
is done by DAO so I can't make use of macros. Is there a possibility to have
the mdb check for a HASP-key within the DB itself ?

Does anyone know another tool for protecting this kind of application other
than a HASP key method ?

thanks in advance

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT
 how to protect a DAO-database app. by the database itself ?
there's nothing in access/jet to help with this sort of thing.
unfortunately, that's one of the weaknesses of a desktop database is
that the files themselves are vulnerable. they have to be in a
read-write folder in order to work properly.
Quote:

>I want to protect my database app. from being copied by means of securing
>the database. The mdb-file is installed at a server while all users have an
>unprotected .exe link on their desktop. The communication with the mdb-file
>is done by DAO so I can't make use of macros. Is there a possibility to have
>the mdb check for a HASP-key within the DB itself ?

>Does anyone know another tool for protecting this kind of application other
>than a HASP key method ?

>thanks in advance

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT

1. Open a password protected database with DAO

2. Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database

3. DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases

4. (Urgent) Use Data Control (DAO) to open a password protected Access Database

5. HELP: VB DAO app reading from wrong database?

6. Getting at database objects, not DAO, in an access database through code

7. Database Locking itself

8. Compact Access Database into itself

9. Troubles with Acc97 and password-protected Back-end database

10. Password Protected Database

11. ! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program

12. Linking Tables in Password protected databases using VBA