CA-Clipper databases
Author Message
 CA-Clipper databases

Hi,
        I have a lot programs written in Clipper. I wanted to convert all
programs to VB 6 while maintaining Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files. Can VB 6
uses Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files without any conversion? How can I do
it? Please help.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-Clipper databases
Another Clipper programmer has jumped ship! Not much demand for Clipper
developers these days, huh?

On to your question...
VB will open .dbf tables, but can't handle the .ntx indices. There is a
database engine replacement called Artemis that you should probably check
out. It's supposed to access .ntx,.cdx,.idx,.fpt and .dbt files. I've not
used it, but it might worth a look. At one time you could download an eval
copy of it. Evidently not any more, at least I couldn't find it. I think I
might have it at home on a zip disk somewhere. Let me know if you want it.

http://www.hallogram.com/artemis/index.html

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have a lot programs written in Clipper. I wanted to convert all
> programs to VB 6 while maintaining Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files. Can VB 6
> uses Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files without any conversion? How can I do
> it? Please help.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-Clipper databases
Hi!

Well, VB 6 CAN handle DBase files.
All you need is to use the DataControl (DAO). There are ADO and RDO too,
which are more complex, but also more flexible. Just read the
documentation for that.

Ver?ffentlicht um: Friday, October 01, 1999 12:30 PM
Ver?ffentlicht in: database
Unterhaltung: CA-Clipper databases
Betreff: CA-Clipper databases

Hi,
        I have a lot programs written in Clipper. I wanted to convert
all
programs to VB 6 while maintaining Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files. Can VB 6
uses Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files without any conversion? How can I do
it? Please help.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-Clipper databases
We use Codebase to handle Foxpro files, but it is also fully compatible with
Clipper and Dbase.  It does almost all of the the functions you will need to
convert from Clipper to VB with Xbase support.

check it out at www.sequiter.com

There is also a newsgroup for Codebase

Quote:

> Hi,
>         I have a lot programs written in Clipper. I wanted to convert all
> programs to VB 6 while maintaining Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files. Can VB 6
> uses Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files without any conversion? How can I do
> it? Please help.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-Clipper databases
Hi, if you are coming from a clipper background, you will love Artemis,
however I find it too cumbersome for me (who has no experience with Clipper
whatsoever) for what I wanted to do, however the language to work with the
files are very Clipper like. Artemis developer Luxent is bought be another
company, but you van find it still at www.luxent.com and follow the link to
the new site.

Vincent

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have a lot programs written in Clipper. I wanted to convert all
> programs to VB 6 while maintaining Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files. Can VB 6
> uses Clipper *.dbf & *.ntx files without any conversion? How can I do
> it? Please help.

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. US-CA-LIVERMORE Clipper 5.2 Programmer Needed

2. NEED HELP - CA-Clipper to Visual Programming

3. CA-Livermore Clipper Programmer Needed

4. Relations like CA-Clipper Help!

5. *.dbf vs *.mdb (dbase5/clipper database vs access database)

6. dbase5/clipper database *.dbf vs access database *.mdb

7. CA-Realizer and CA-RET

8. Powerbuilder vs Visual Basic against Ca-ingres, Ca-OpenIngres

9. Accessing Clipper database with non-standard file name

10. Access to clipper databases

11. Clipper database

12. Clipper database