SQL7 - DataEnvironment - Query Question -- Help!
Author Message
 SQL7 - DataEnvironment - Query Question -- Help!

Hello,

I am using a DataEnvironment to run the following query, and fill in the
parameters:

select count (distinct company_account_number) as Accounts
from sales_facts
where distributor_number = ?
and reporting_group = ?
and period = ?

If I want to display all distributor_number information, what value can I
pass in
as a parameter so I don't have to set up another Command in the
dataenvironment?  (I tried an asterisk, and that did not work)

Thanks in advance!

James Radke

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL7 - DataEnvironment - Query Question -- Help!
i recently had the same problems. What i did was to convert all queries to
stored procedures in my SQL7 script.
In youre case something like

CREATE proc COUNTER

    (all parameters)

 SELECT .......

Doesnt really solve youre problem but perhaps gives u a way around it.

Tobbe

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am using a DataEnvironment to run the following query, and fill in the
> parameters:

> select count (distinct company_account_number) as Accounts
> from sales_facts
> where distributor_number = ?
> and reporting_group = ?
> and period = ?

> If I want to display all distributor_number information, what value can I
> pass in
> as a parameter so I don't have to set up another Command in the
> dataenvironment?  (I tried an asterisk, and that did not work)

> Thanks in advance!

> James Radke

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6-SP3 DataEnvironment w/SQL7 ODBC Lags?

2. VB6-SP3 DataEnvironment w/SQL7 ODBC Lags?

3. DataEnvironment query help...

4. Help: Adding DataEnvironment Child Command Screws Up DataEnvironment

5. Help: Adding DataEnvironment Child Command Screws Up DataEnvironment

6. SQL7.0 query USE ASP

7. Query with SQL7.0

8. DataEnvironment and Sequal Paramater Query

9. Query editing in dataenvironment

10. How to pass a new SQL query using the DATAEnvironment

11. AddNew to a Query in DataEnvironment

12. VB crashe when calling parametrized query within dataEnvironment