SQL in VB 4.0 Query Access 2.0 MDB
Author Message
 SQL in VB 4.0 Query Access 2.0 MDB

I have never written an SQL request before and find myself in deep over
my head in a course I am taking.  Basically I have 6 rows each with a
variation of possible input of about 6 items.  I have to create a user
interface where a query is run based on the selections of single items,
multiple items or ranges in the various records

eg: Client 1 wants to see cars listed  with 2 door or 4 doors, air
conditioning, with disk and/or ABS brakes, doesn't care which colour it
is, wants tinted windows, in a price range between 15000 and 22000
dollars.  Regardless of the input I need to write a query which will
output the relevant vehicules to a set of MDI forms (one for each car in
resulting from the query).

I do not want someone to do my homework.  What I need is a source to
which I can go that explains how to write tightly coded SQL's.  I don't
want an SQL running 720 If - Then - Else queries for each distinct row
of the database, there has to be a rational way to write this SQL in a
short and concise fashion.  Where do I start my reading.

--
____________________
Wookie

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL in VB 4.0 Query Access 2.0 MDB

->I have never written an SQL request before and find myself in deep
over
->my head in a course I am taking.  Basically I have 6 rows each with
->variation of possible input of about 6 items.  I have to create a
user
->interface where a query is run based on the selections of single
items,
->multiple items or ranges in the various records
->
[...]

Dear Chewie,

I would take a look at the Visual Basic or MS Access documentation and
check for parameter queries. If you have MS Access you can use the QBE
Grid to build your SQL statements as well. It's much easier to do it
this way if you don't know SQL very well.

I don't know that I would use a separate MDI form for each car. You
could end up with a couple of thousand cars that match your criteria.
I doubt that you want to have that many MDI forms, do you?

May the force be with you. ;-)

Paul
~~~~

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reference to Access 2.0 Query in VB 4.0

2. Reference to Access 2.0 Query in VB 4.0

3. SQL Select * queries for access 2.0 and VB 3

4. SQL Select * queries for access 2.0 and VB 3

5. VB 4.0, Access 2.0, or VC++ 2.0?

6. VB 4.0, Access 2.0, or VC++ 2.0?

7. VB 4.0, CR 4.0, and MS Access 2.0 - a strange problem

8. HELP...VB 4.0 - Microsoft Access - SQL Queries - Reports

9. VB 4.0 can NOT access Access 7.0 .MDB

10. VB 4.0 32 bit Access 2.0 access

11. VB 4.0 32 bit Access 2.0 access

12. Convert Access 2.0 MDB to Access95 MDB?