Visual Baisc vs Visual Foxpro
Author Message
 Visual Baisc vs Visual Foxpro

Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post this to but...

I need an opinion on the advantages/disadvantages on using VB or VFP
as a development tool.  I have experience in both basic and foxpro
(dos) but have yet to use a 'visual' based tool for development and
would like to decide which one to use. I am looking for a RAD tool
that would quickly enable me to develop enterprise-wide applications
(inventory control, purchasing, sales, POS etc). Since I want to
develop , primarily, a multi-user database solution, would VFoxpro
'lend' itself to this then Visual Basic. Which is easier to learn and
is more intuative.  Which is more robust? Upsizable?

I know that every software language or tool lends itself better to one
particular task than others and that every programming language can be
made to perform the same thing (...endless loop...).

Any opionion is more than welcome. Thanks in advance

Sat, 13 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Baisc vs Visual Foxpro

There are many considerations depending on what is most important to you.
If you have a lot a data handling with large tables to do, I think VFP is
the better choice.  For the learning curve, I think that VB would be easier
for you to pick up than VFP.  I found the learning curve from FPW 2.6 to VFP
a long one.  VFP is still my primary language, but I think that you need to
identify what aspects you want to target with your applications.  I think
that VB will be a shorter learning curve, but some others here may have
other thoughts.

Scott Fitzgerald

Quote:

>Hello everyone!

>I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post this to but...

>I need an opinion on the advantages/disadvantages on using VB or VFP
>as a development tool.  I have experience in both basic and foxpro
>(dos) but have yet to use a 'visual' based tool for development and
>would like to decide which one to use. I am looking for a RAD tool
>that would quickly enable me to develop enterprise-wide applications
>(inventory control, purchasing, sales, POS etc). Since I want to
>develop , primarily, a multi-user database solution, would VFoxpro
>'lend' itself to this then Visual Basic. Which is easier to learn and
>is more intuative.  Which is more robust? Upsizable?

>I know that every software language or tool lends itself better to one
>particular task than others and that every programming language can be
>made to perform the same thing (...endless loop...).

>Any opionion is more than welcome. Thanks in advance

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic 5/6 vs Visual FoxPro 5/6

2. Visual Basic vs Visual FoxPro

3. visual basic vs visual foxpro debate

4. Visual Basic vs. Visual Foxpro

5. Visual Basic vs. Visual FoxPro

6. Visual Basic vs Visual FoxPro

7. visual basic vs visual foxpro debate

8. Visual Basic vs. Visual FoxPro

9. Visual Basic 5/6 vs Visual FoxPro 5/6

10. Visual Basic vs Visual FoxPro

11. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

12. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB