ADO SQL Recordsets Return Duplicate Names
Author Message
 ADO SQL Recordsets Return Duplicate Names

When I recently converted from DAO to ADO. I found that the SQL statements
that returned duplicate field names.
For example Select Table1.Name Table2.Name from...etc only displays as Name
and Name in the recordsets when I look at them in VB. In DAO it would return
Table1.Name and Table2.Name so you can distinguish between them. Is there
something else you need to do to make them automatically unique when
executing the SQL statement? I've changed most of them to use the AS to give
them new names.....Select Table1.Name as Table1_Name and this works but is a
lot of work since the SQL statements are built up in parts. Also I'm trying
to Crystal Reports and it is failing with SQL Server 7 when I try to use
more than 1 table and I wonder if it's related to this too.

Ed

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB ADO recordset returned from MS SQL

2. Returning ID from SQL through ADO recordset

3. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

4. SQL stored procedure returning unusual ado recordset

5. ADO SQL Search That Returns 0 Records When it Should Return 1

6. SQL question to eliminate duplicate names

7. Duplicate field name difference with SQL and Access

8. Finding Duplicates in ADO recordset

9. making a duplicate of an ado recordset?

10. VB6 - CR7 - SQL Server - Want to send either SQL or ADO recordset to report

11. Recordset always return with upper case field names from Oracle

12. SP w/ADO not returning recordset