ADO -- I must be missing something?
Author Message
 ADO -- I must be missing something?

I am trying to start and use ADO but I ran into a problem (it might be a
simple one).

I have a large table that I have no problem connecting to and updating with
ADO.  What I would like to do though is search for a specific record in the
table and then allow the user to scroll through the records from that point.

For Example:
The table has 100,000 records and the user wants to see the record with a
key of ABCD123.  I can do a SQL query but that only shows me the selected
record (based on the key).  What I would like to do is show the user the
ABCD123 record and allow them to move to the next and previous records from
the current record.

In other words I need a way to search for a specific record in a record set
based on a key and then allow a user to scroll forward and backward from
that record.

Thanks for your help!!

Jerry

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO -- I must be missing something?

Change your query from this:
   SELECT * FROM <table> WHERE <key> = 'ABCD123';
to this:
[...]

1. Access Runtime - Am I Missing Something?

2. AM I missing something - Sum and Cumulative Sum

3. VBA For Dummies --- Am I missing something here?

4. Am I missing something?

5. Am I missing something?

6. Am I missing something incredibly easy?

7. Am I missing something in the DHTML Editor?

8. Undraggable controls: Am I Missing something???

9. Am I missing Something?

10. Am I missing something?

11. Am I missing something here ...? Instr Function

12. RegEx: Am I missing something?