Web based form feeding a vb data base
Author Message
 Web based form feeding a vb data base

Hi:

I am very new to VB and database, so be patient :)

I would like to have a form on my web server (Apache running on a Linux
box) and to be able to input the details that people enter on that form
on a VB data base?
My question is:

Is it possible? if can be done, could  you please point me onto the
right direction.

Many thanks

Lucio Godoy

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Web based form feeding a vb data base
First let me say I'm sorry you're runing Apache on Linux. Why? Because you
can't get there from here. Just kidding. You can, but not with VB. I know
ASP (Active Server Pages) and you will have to have IIS and NT or a server
supported by Chilisoft who makes ASP compatible add-ons for other servers.
With ASP all you want can be done by writing the code directly into the web
pages. In your case, you will need to find a book on writing CGI scripts and
programs. The real challenge will be making your Linux box talk VB or to an
Access DB, the DB of choice for small web sites. You'll probably end up
using PERL or C because I don't think MS supports VB on Linux.

--
Chris Stamey
-------------------

Hi:

I am very new to VB and database, so be patient :)

I would like to have a form on my web server (Apache running on a Linux
box) and to be able to input the details that people enter on that form
on a VB data base?
My question is:

Is it possible? if can be done, could  you please point me onto the
right direction.

Many thanks

Lucio Godoy

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. form VB form to web based form

2. from VB form to web based form

3. Database forms, web-based data entry

4. Web based and PC based program

5. integration of vb desktop app and a asp web based data entry screen to same db

6. Display Icon for Web Based VB form

7. VB app accessing web-based forms via TCP/IP

8. VB Web applications, web based controls

9. VB Web applications, web based controls

10. Changing SQL statement based on vb form data

11. How to Query on Data Enviroment based data form

12. SQL Base date vs VB Base date