access2000 unrecognised data format
Author Message
 access2000 unrecognised data format

Access2000 and VB6.

I've created a db using Access, and I'm trying to access it using a data
control in VB6.

It works fine when I don't bother with the data ctl, and just dim databases
and recordsets.

But when I use the data ctl to connect, it fails with an unrecognised data
format.  infact, i can't even set the recordsource property.

I already have the mdac_typ download from Microsoft.

I don't want to do it all through code...

What else can I do?

Regards

Andy.

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 access2000 unrecognised data format
Take a look to the next article in the KB of the MSDN site

Article ID: Q238401

But to make the story short, you need to create one recordset in code and
assign this recordset to the data control in runtime.

HTH
--
Alberto Borbolla
Microsoft VB MVP

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3343 "Unrecognised Database Format"

2. Unrecognised Database format 'u:\test.mdb'

3. Ick!! Unrecognised database Format, Error 3343

4. VB Unrecognised Database Format.

5. unrecognised database format

6. Unrecognised Database Format

7. unrecognised database format

8. unrecognised database format

9. Unrecognised Database Format - ERROR?

10. Unrecognised Database Format

11. Access2000 - format 6152346.00 to 6.15 ???

12. Access2000 Format