Windows NT vs Windows 98
Author Message
 Windows NT vs Windows 98

Help! I wrote a simple database program to browse and update an Access
database. I did the development on Windows NT 4.0.  I compiled it into an
.exe file. I copied the database, the .exe file and two .OCX files to my
Windows 98 computer (msadodc.ocx and msdatlst.ocx). When I bring up the
program under Windows NT the database is opened and the form is filled in.
When I bring the program
up under Windows 98, the form displays, but none of the fields are filled
in? Any body know why?

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT vs Windows 98
Bob,

Start by building a setup with Package & Deployment Wizard at least then you
will know for sure you have the proper referenced controls.

HTH,

Bart

Quote:
> Help! I wrote a simple database program to browse and update an Access
> database. I did the development on Windows NT 4.0.  I compiled it into an
> .exe file. I copied the database, the .exe file and two .OCX files to my
> Windows 98 computer (msadodc.ocx and msdatlst.ocx). When I bring up the
> program under Windows NT the database is opened and the form is filled in.
> When I bring the program
> up under Windows 98, the form displays, but none of the fields are filled
> in? Any body know why?

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing in Windows 95 vs. Windows 98

2. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

3. Windows 98 and Windows NT compability with snap-in for MMC

4. Reading the S.M.A.R.T. Drive stuff from VB on Windows 98 or Windows NT

5. shutdown windows nt worstation or windows 95/98

6. API Calls in Windows NT as well as Windows 95/98

7. Windows NT Users form a Windows 95 / 98 Client

8. Windows 95 vs. Windows NT Registry updates

9. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

10. VBA problems Going from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

11. access db not working passing from windows 98 to windows Me

12. Installing windows service in Windows 98,ME