ISAM Problem
Author Message
 ISAM Problem

I am trying to create a VB 4 - 16 application that will read and write
to an ISAM database created in VB DOS 1.0.  I am at a loss as to what
the exact "ISAM" format is, is it a btrieve, Dbase or "generic" ISAM
format?  I have not been able to find any documentation on how to bridge
the gap between these two database formats used in Visual Basic (The JET
engine does not recognise the VB-DOS ISAM format even though the VB-DOS
documentation recommends using the .MDB extension!)

I hope that I can avoid having to convert or export the database to a
text format or non-native format in order to do the exporting and
importing of the database.  Has anyone out there tackled this before?

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. isam problem

2. Installable ISAM problem

3. VB/Access ISAM problem

4. isam problem

5. ISAM problem in VB6 !

6. ISAM Problem

7. Installable ISAM problem in Crystal

8. Annoying ISAM problem - probably easy, but...

9. Installable ISAM Problems

10. Help-Can't find installable ISAM problem

11. INSTALLABLE ISAM PROBLEM

12. Installable ISAM problem