Converting Access 97 DB to 2000 using VB
Author Message
 Converting Access 97 DB to 2000 using VB

I am going to attempt to convert two specific Access 97 database to Access
2000 format via VB code. Essentially we have users that have two databases
that reside in a specific path with a specific name that need to be changed
to Access 2000 format so that a Visual Basic application can access them
(the application won't write to 97 databases). The databases in question
will primarily consist of just tables and queries (with a select few that
may have forms, macros, and modules)

Before I begin the process of doing this I was looking for any words of
wisdom regarding any unexpected problems I should anticipate.

Thank You

Jon

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:06:43 GMT
 Converting Access 97 DB to 2000 using VB
My understanding is that's it's not particularly reliable unless you do it
using Access: the conversion isn't complete otherwise.

You might get away with it for data only, but not for your "select few".

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> I am going to attempt to convert two specific Access 97 database to Access
> 2000 format via VB code. Essentially we have users that have two databases
> that reside in a specific path with a specific name that need to be
changed
> to Access 2000 format so that a Visual Basic application can access them
> (the application won't write to 97 databases). The databases in question
> will primarily consist of just tables and queries (with a select few that
> may have forms, macros, and modules)

> Before I begin the process of doing this I was looking for any words of
> wisdom regarding any unexpected problems I should anticipate.

> Thank You

> Jon

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:19:25 GMT

1. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

2. Should I convert db from Access 97 to Access 2000

3. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

4. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

5. opening access 97 db after convert/importing to 2000

6. Converting Access 2000 to 97 using VBA...

7. Convert Access 2000 to 97 using ADO

8. Converting JET 3.51(97) To Jet 4.0(2000) Using DAO In VB 5

9. VB app slower after converting database from Access 97 to 2000

10. Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors

11. Converting Access 97 to Access 2000 via VBA

12. Converting Access 2000 to Access 97