VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Author Message
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

I am having a major problem linking any access 2000
database or .mdb file format with VB 6.0.  It always tells
me "Unrecognized Database format "then the location of the
database file I am trying to link to"".  Anybody have any
ideas and/or solutions?  Is VB 6.0 even able to use Access
2000 .mdb files?  I have successfully run the form link
with an old Access 97 file format.  Any ideas and or input
would be appreciated (especially because I am an idiot
when it comes to VB programming and use but I have to do
it.)

Thanks
Bill

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:58:03 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Bill,

Get the update by microsoft

Than change your reference into dao 3.60 instead of 3.50

Jan

Quote:
> I am having a major problem linking any access 2000
> database or .mdb file format with VB 6.0.  It always tells
> me "Unrecognized Database format "then the location of the
> database file I am trying to link to"".  Anybody have any
> ideas and/or solutions?  Is VB 6.0 even able to use Access
> 2000 .mdb files?  I have successfully run the form link
> with an old Access 97 file format.  Any ideas and or input
> would be appreciated (especially because I am an idiot
> when it comes to VB programming and use but I have to do
> it.)

> Thanks
> Bill

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:12:42 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Ok Thanks, so I have to update to Visual Basic .NET and
then change references and that is it?  Is update
availible for download or do I have to buy it?

Billy

Quote:

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:58:26 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Bill,

Have you applied SP5?

> I am having a major problem linking any access 2000
> database or .mdb file format with VB 6.0.  It always tells
> me "Unrecognized Database format "then the location of the
> database file I am trying to link to"".  Anybody have any
> ideas and/or solutions?  Is VB 6.0 even able to use Access
> 2000 .mdb files?  I have successfully run the form link
> with an old Access 97 file format.  Any ideas and or input
> would be appreciated (especially because I am an idiot
> when it comes to VB programming and use but I have to do
> it.)

> Thanks
> Bill

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:30:58 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
You don't have to go to .NET, you just have to get DAO 3.6
download and then reference it instead of 3.5

Try this website:
http://www.adirondacksolutions.com/FileDownload.asp

Quote:

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 06:24:55 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Yes, I have applied all of the service packs availible
along with the applicable Jet updates.  It still doesn't
work.

Billy

Quote:

===

Quote:
>> I am having a major problem linking any access 2000
>> database or .mdb file format with VB 6.0.  It always
tells
>> me "Unrecognized Database format "then the location of
the
>> database file I am trying to link to"".  Anybody have
any
>> ideas and/or solutions?  Is VB 6.0 even able to use
Access
>> 2000 .mdb files?  I have successfully run the form link
>> with an old Access 97 file format.  Any ideas and or
input
>> would be appreciated (especially because I am an idiot
>> when it comes to VB programming and use but I have to
do
>> it.)

>> Thanks
>> Bill
>.

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:55:50 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Er, that's unusual. As a simple test, if you add a Data control to any form,
is Access 2000 listed in the Connect property box? If so, will that connect
to your database?

 - Chris Paterson

Quote:
> Yes, I have applied all of the service packs availible
> along with the applicable Jet updates.  It still doesn't
> work.

> Billy

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:30:39 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?
Ok, thanks for the download site link.  One problem
though, when I try to install the DAO 3.6 it is giving me
a strange error message before the installation wizard
even begins it says "Internal Error 2235. , RuntimeFlags,
SELECT `Component`,`RuntimeFlags`,`KeyPath` FROM
`Component` WHERE `Component` =?"
Then the intall wizard says:
"InstallShield Wizard Completed.  The wizard was
interuppted before Installer for DAO 3.6 could be
completely installed.  Your system has not been modified.
To complete installation at another time, please run setup
again."

You have any idea about this.  I have the most recent
VB6.0 service packs along with MDAC 2.5 installed
already.  If you don't know you know where I could get the
answer.

Bill

Quote:

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:01:06 GMT
 VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. VB 6.0 with VS 6.0 and Access 2000

2. VB 6.0 with VS 6.0 and Access 2000

3. Access 2000, jet 4.0, and VB 5 compatibility

4. Access 2000 - Build button in VB 6.0

5. Cannot reference Access 2000 from VB 6.0

6. VB 6.0 + Access 2000

7. HELP - VB 6.0 and Access 2000

8. VB 6.0 -> Access 2000 HELP

9. VB 6.0 and Access 2000

10. Microsoft Access 2000 and VB 6.0????

11. Problem with VB 6.0 and Access 2000

12. VB 6.0 and Access 2000