ODBC Access Driver Login Fail
Author Message
 ODBC Access Driver Login Fail

I've created an application that contains a chart.ocx (TeeChart). The
DSN connection is made in the control by browsing to the database. The
resultant string is displayed in the controls ODBC window:
DSN=MS Access 97 Database;DBQ=C:\Program Files\dbname.mdb.
When the application is run on the target computer, I receive an "ODBC
Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" error. A dialog box pops up
looking for the .mdb path. Once you browse to the database, all works
fine. The control is bound and determined to link itself to the project
folder no matter what I have done.

I do not want to hard code the path to the .mdb file inside the .ocx
control but would rather use App.Path & "\dbname.mdb" when the form
loads.  MS Knowledge base has nothing listed in the ODBC, Access or VB
sections that I can find. I'm sure I can make the connection
programmatically, but just can't figure it out.
Any help or a pointer in the right direction would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff Shama

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver login failed

2. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

3. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

4. [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

5. Access 7:Login to ODBC Data source (Microsoft Oracle Driver) without displaying ODBC Login Dialog.

6. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

7. A97-SLQ6.5 ODBC calls failing or terribly slow - newer drivers are worse

8. ODBC Excel 2000 Driver logon Failed

9. VB 4.0 Recordset.Findfirst fails with WATCOM ODBC 4.0d driver

10. RegisterDatabase method fails on long ODBC driver names

11. Can crystal report access MS Access ODBC driver in Window NT server

12. Can crystal report access MS Access ODBC driver in Window NT server