Password Problems connecting VB6 to an Access 7.0 DB
Author Message
 Password Problems connecting VB6 to an Access 7.0 DB

I have read in 4-5 different books and I am still unable to:

    1.  Once a password has been setup in Access 7.0 DB

    2.  Pass the password from a VB6 program and unlock/open
         the DB.

Set DB = OpenDatabase(Data1.DatabaseName, True, False,
"UID=Admin;PWD=xxxx;")

Could someone give me a hand?

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Password Problems connecting VB6 to an Access 7.0 DB
Quote:

> I have read in 4-5 different books and I am still unable to:

>     1.  Once a password has been setup in Access 7.0 DB

>     2.  Pass the password from a VB6 program and unlock/open
>          the DB.

> Set DB = OpenDatabase(Data1.DatabaseName, True, False,
> "UID=Admin;PWD=xxxx;")

> Could someone give me a hand?

Hi,

You are using Jet to get tio the DB?

If so, then use the DBEngine Object to define your system DB (security
is contained in your system db and you need to tell the dbengine where
the heck that is before you attempt to use passwords and uid's

        ' Ensure that the Microsoft Jet workgroup information
        ' file is available.
        Dim dbsNorthwind As Database, Ws as workspace

        DBEngine.SystemDB = "system.mdw"
        Set ws = CreateWorkspace("JetWorkspace", "admin", _      "", dbUseJet)
        Set dbsNorthwind = ws.OpenDatabase("Northwind.mdb")

Regards

Trevor

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connecting to an Access 7.0 database (password protected)

2. Error while connecting to password protected database (Access 7.0)

3. Connecting to Access Db With Password

4. Connecting a password protected Access db from VB.

5. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

6. VB4/Access 7.0 password problem?

7. Problem using UNC path to connect to Access 7.0 database

8. Access DB + VB6 Passwords in Workspace

9. CR 7 With VB6 data environment AND Access DB with password

10. Changing the password on an Access DB from VB6

11. Newbie - MSChart connect to Access db with VB6?

12. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems