Oradynaset Problem when upgrading project from vb5 to vb6 
Author Message
 Oradynaset Problem when upgrading project from vb5 to vb6

I'm trying to upgrade a large project from vb5 to vb6

I've got a problem concatenating string and oracle field in vb6. If I have
something like

 MyString =  "Customer " & OraDynaset.Fields("CustomerName")

it crashes with run-time error 5: Invalid Procedure Call Or Argument".

I use Oracle Objects For OLE, NT4. Everything worked fine under VB5. It aslo
gives the same error if I try to do comparison (such as =,<,>,<=,>=) : for
example:

 If OraDynaset!CustomerName = "John" Then

It works OK with an Access database. It also works if I just assign the
Oracle field to a string variable:

MyString =  "Customer " & Str(OraDynaset.Fields("CustomerName"))

I don't really want to do this because the project is very large and would
take forever.

If anyone has experienced this or knows how to fix it please reply to the

Cheers

Matt



Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:00:08 GMT  
 Oradynaset Problem when upgrading project from vb5 to vb6

I'm well aware of problems using Objects for Ole (OO4O)...

You'll have (no other choice) to upgrade to atleast the oracle 8
version of the control.  the prior versions are not compatable with VB 6.

I spent 2 months on this with Oracle Support about a year ago...
They offer no other solution.  I was not able to come up with any hacks either...

Sorry to say, but upgrading is the only approach you have.

They are up to Release 8.1.7.3.13

What version are you using 2.3.2.2 or something like that?

D.

Quote:

> I'm trying to upgrade a large project from vb5 to vb6

> I've got a problem concatenating string and oracle field in vb6. If I have
> something like

>  MyString =  "Customer " & OraDynaset.Fields("CustomerName")

> it crashes with run-time error 5: Invalid Procedure Call Or Argument".

> I use Oracle Objects For OLE, NT4. Everything worked fine under VB5. It aslo
> gives the same error if I try to do comparison (such as =,<,>,<=,>=) : for
> example:

>  If OraDynaset!CustomerName = "John" Then

> It works OK with an Access database. It also works if I just assign the
> Oracle field to a string variable:

> MyString =  "Customer " & Str(OraDynaset.Fields("CustomerName"))

> I don't really want to do this because the project is very large and would
> take forever.

> If anyone has experienced this or knows how to fix it please reply to the

> Cheers

> Matt



Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:43:02 GMT  
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Need info on Upgrading VB5 projects to VB6

2. VB4->VB5 upgrading projects control licensing problem

3. Problem with dll when upgrading VB5 to VB6

4. Problems moving project from VB5 to VB6

5. Compiling VB5 Projects in Visual Studio VB6 - picturebox problem

6. VB5 to VB6 Project Referencing Problems

7. .NET VB Wizard hangs upgrading VB6 project

8. Removing Older Controls From Upgraded VB6 Project

9. Upgrading VB4 project to VB6

10. Upgrading VB4 project to VB6

11. Compiling VB6 project without upgrading to VS2008

12. vb5 project upgrade causes vb.net exception

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software