VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files
Author Message
 VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files

From what I've read I gather that Microsoft doesn't support Btrieve
anymore.  The last ODBC driver or ISAM support from Microsoft came with VB
4.0 16-bit version.

The only direct access to Btrieve files from VB 5.0 I know about is by
using ActiveX Controls for Btrieve from Smithware
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).  If you don't want to do that, you might have
to use ODBC Direct and buy a driver from Intersolv or from Pervasive
Software.

Quote:
> Is there a way to connect to Btrieve 6.15 files?  My VB3 Professional
> appears to stop support at Btrieve version 5, and my VB5 doesn't mention
> Btrieve access at all.

> My preference would be to access the files directly without Jet, ODBC,
> or Third Party Drivers--but bottom line is I need to write an app to
> access Btrieve 6.15.

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files

2. A big tip for all using Crystal with Btrieve 6.15

3. ODBC drivers for Btrieve 6.15 needed

4. Btrieve 6.15

5. VB and Btrieve 6.15

6. Btrieve - How can I access Btrieve files in VB 5.0

7. Read Btrieve .DAT and .REF files from VB5

8. Connecting to a Btrieve 6 Database

9. How to connect Btrieve with Visual Basic

10. Connecting to Btrieve Database

11. connecting to Btrieve (for Peachtree acct)?

12. How to connect Btrieve Database using ODBC?