Previous and Next Handling with SQL statement
Author Message
 Previous and Next Handling with SQL statement

Hello!

Today we use the RDO control to locate a specific record (seek method) and
then moveprevious or movenext to scroll within the table. However, for a
new application I do not want to use this approaach anymore but implement
the scroll-handling with SQL statements (if possible at all).

So what I'm looking for is a SQL statement or Transact-SQL procedure that
returns the previous, next, first or last record of a given record, whereas
I want to influence the ORDER of the scrolling myself (e.g. ORDER BY NAME
scrolls different than order by CITY).

Any hints, tips how to implement this in VB against a MS SQL SRV db?

Thanks for any help
Roli

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help passing SQL Statement to Next and Previous pages for Recordset Paging

2. How Do I get the previous record in an SQL statement

3. With...End With statement bombing out in For...Next statement

4. Handling single and double quotes in one SQL statement

5. determining previous and next control

6. Help! Code using Find{Next,Previous} in RecordsetClone

7. Move to Next/Previous message by code

8. next item and previous item?

9. How to do Next item and Previous item programatically

10. Macro to Jump to Next/Previous Document...

11. Bookmark - Macro to Go Next/Previous?

12. next and previous button