Dataenvironment and SQL server slow
Author Message
 Dataenvironment and SQL server slow

Hi,

I have a problem with the connection between the dataenvironment (VB6 SP3)
and SQL server 7.0. I've got a table with 30000 records and one form to
display one record at a time when i load the form it takes a long time to
load (about 1 minute) there are also a few datacomboboxes with links to
other tables.

I tried to change the cursor and lock types but with no diference.

I would welcome any help

Greetings,

Frans E. Nijs
Developer
ServiceLink

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dataenvironment and SQL server slow
I have a same problem With SQL Anywhere Studio and VB6 SP3. I use your
solution with DataEnvironment
but this control are "bugged".
Link to http://support.Microsoft.com
and search article ID : Q191457. It's impossible to use this properties !!!!
It is necessary me 17minutes for open a tables with 122000 records !!!
I counsel you, to use the ADODC control for access to the database with
CursorLocation=AdUseServer
CursorType=AdOpenDynamic or AdOpenStatic
Sybase are developped with ODBC, the Visual Basic data control use OLE DB !!
I search a solution for ASA 6.0.2. For you, it's easy, link to Merant software
at http://www.merant.com
and download the trial version of ODBC client for SQL server, it's wonderfull
!!!!!

William FARGEOT - France

"Frans E. Nijs" a crit :

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a problem with the connection between the dataenvironment (VB6 SP3)
> and SQL server 7.0. I've got a table with 30000 records and one form to
> display one record at a time when i load the form it takes a long time to
> load (about 1 minute) there are also a few datacomboboxes with links to
> other tables.

> I tried to change the cursor and lock types but with no diference.

> I would welcome any help

> Greetings,

> Frans E. Nijs
> Developer
> ServiceLink

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dataenvironment and SQL server slow
We had the same problem and got rid of (or renamed) the file Findfast.exe on
the workstation.  This made things much faster.  I would like to know if
this works.  Be sure to keep a backup copy of Findfast in case you need it.
Dan

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a problem with the connection between the dataenvironment (VB6 SP3)
> and SQL server 7.0. I've got a table with 30000 records and one form to
> display one record at a time when i load the form it takes a long time to
> load (about 1 minute) there are also a few datacomboboxes with links to
> other tables.

> I tried to change the cursor and lock types but with no diference.

> I would welcome any help

> Greetings,

> Frans E. Nijs
> Developer
> ServiceLink

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

2. Using SQL server with a Dataenvironment defined for Jet

3. Problem changing DataEnvironment to point to new SQL Server Database

4. SQL Server slower than Jet, why???

5. SQL Server slower than Access?

6. vb5/sql server slow

7. SQL Server slow on some workstations

8. Slow VB3.0 and SQL Server?

9. ODBC to SQL Server is Slow

10. SQL Server slower than Access?

11. Importing Text to SQL Server Waaaaaayyyy Too Slow!

12. SQL Server Stored Procedure too slow ?