Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)
Author Message
 Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

I am trying to access existing information for a new project that I
would like to do in VB, but I can't figure out how to tell the Jet
database engine to use a specific index file inside of the dBase 5.0 MDX
file.

If I'm dealing with a dBase III plus NDX, I can get it to work and I can
get at the records in the dBase 5.0 file, but the file is huge (107,000+
records).  Doing a record by record search is too slow.  Building my own
internal index maxed out my array.  And attaching the file to an access
database does not allow me to build my own access index on the file.

Any information on accessing index files inside MDX files, would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. dBASE Index files .MDX usage in VB

2. Using dBase files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

3. using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

4. VB/Access and dBASE IV mdx files?

5. Using dbase MDX Files in VB Apps w/DAO

6. Help using existing FoxPro or Dbase Indexes with VB5

7. Prob accessing DBASE file with indexes

8. Accessing & Creating dBase-Files with CDX-Indexes

9. How to convert a dBase 5.0 file to Access using VB

10. Dbase IV MDX Question

11. Opening a dBase file : file not found but it exists really

12. Problems using SQL and MDX-Index