WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue
Author Message
 WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

I am running WindowsXP using MDAC 2.70.7713.0 installed on my machine and we
are using Oracle 8i. I created a data source using Microsoft ODBC For Oracle
version 2.573.7713.00. I can connect to the Oracle database using SQL Plus,
but when I tried to connect to the Oracle database through Link Tables in
Access I got an error:

ODBC - call failed

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for Oracle][Oracle] ORA-12154: TNS: could not
resolve service name (#12154)

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (#0)
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]

Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (#0)

In < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
"Connectivity Issue with MDAC and Oracle8i", it does not mention what
registry entry need to be modified for Windows XP, it tells you what
registry entry need to be modified for Windows NT, 9X, and Windows2000.

How can I fix my problem? Thank you.

Sat, 01 May 2004 03:34:10 GMT

1. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

2. MDAC 2.7 THAI

3. WISE MDAC 2.7

4. MDAC 2.7 silent install

5. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

6. GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

7. MDAC 2.5 or 2.7

8. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

9. MDAC 2.7