SQL RETURNING ONLY 255 CHARACTERS
Author Message
 SQL RETURNING ONLY 255 CHARACTERS

I want my SQL 7.0 stored procedure to return around 6000 characters in a
local defined variable of varchar(8000). It doesn't return more then 255
character. This SQL server is hosted on public shared servers.

Similar the case of insertion. If I try to insert more then 255 character in
a varchar(2048) it truncates the data and only saves 255 characters.

This problem however doesn't happen on our locally installed sql7.0 test
database.

Thank you,
Abdul Rehman

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:36:26 GMT

1. Winsock INET_ADDR returns INADDR_NONE for 255.255.255.255

2. whats the best way to parse a string and return 255 characters chunks

3. SQL Strings appear to truncate to 255 characters

4. 255 SQL character limit

5. 255 character limit on SQL statements

6. 255 SQL character limit

7. 255 character limit on SQL statements

8. How to exceed 255 characters in adodb SQL string

9. variable>255 characters?

10. Cannot store > 255 characters in Memo field

11. Help! DoCmd.ApplyFilter cuts String after 255 characters

12. Exporting Notes Truncates to 255 Characters