Running a a TCP/IP command in VB
Author Message
 Running a a TCP/IP command in VB

Hi all,

I was hoping to create a commanButton that would run a command line.
For example:

Private sub Command1_Click()

    Run "C:\Ping 152.54.67.132"

End Sub

If anyone could help me out with the proper command it would be much
appreciated.

Rich Grier

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a a TCP/IP command in VB
To run another program, including command line ones, you need to use
SHELL.

However, if you really want to preform a ping or some other TCP/IP
function, you should look at a TCP/IP control like SocketWrench or
Mabry.  That way, not only will you be able to ping, but actually be
able to use the information returned programmatically.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I was hoping to create a commanButton that would run a command line.
> For example:

> Private sub Command1_Click()

>     Run "C:\Ping 152.54.67.132"

> End Sub

> If anyone could help me out with the proper command it would be much
> appreciated.

> Rich Grier

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sugestion wanted: Sending commands between PCs over TCP/IP under VB4-16 bit

2. TCP/IP commands for basic ? ( any out there )

3. TCP/IP commands for basic ? ( any out there )

4. TCP/IP control to perform RSH command ?

5. winapi command for change tcp ip adresse ?

6. winapi command for change tcp ip adresse ?

7. winapi command for change tcp ip adresse ?

8. TCP/IP not TCP/IPing

9. Setting the Gateway IP (in TCP/IP Settings) via program

10. Tcp/ip or Ip number ?

11. TCP/IP IP address and multiple adapters

12. VB.NET TCP/IP Communication