Run-Time error '3050' Can't lock file
Author Message
 Run-Time error '3050' Can't lock file

Have a VB app that uses a UNC path statement to access an mdb file on
the Lan, when I log on as myself program runs fine, when logged on as
the user I get the run-time error 3050 can't lock file.  I can map the
directory as the user but cannot access the file using the app
...anyone know why this is happening?

This is on a Novell network (4.11) The user has read, write, & change
permissions, any help would be appreciated.

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-Time error '3050' Can't lock file
Try giving the user all rights except Supervisor and Access

Wayne

Quote:

> Have a VB app that uses a UNC path statement to access an mdb file on
> the Lan, when I log on as myself program runs fine, when logged on as
> the user I get the run-time error 3050 can't lock file.  I can map the
> directory as the user but cannot access the file using the app
> ...anyone know why this is happening?

> This is on a Novell network (4.11) The user has read, write, & change
> permissions, any help would be appreciated.

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error '3050': Could not lock file

2. 3050 error - Couldn't Lock File

3. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

4. HELP: Error 3050 Couldn't lock file

5. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

6. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

7. Error 3050 - Couldn't Lock File

8. Error 3050 , couldn't lock file

9. Run-time error '31037': Error load form file

10. Error 3050 'Can't Lock File' (undocumented)

11. Runtime error '3050': Could not lock file.

12. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)