RunTime 49: Bad DLL Calling Convention
Author Message
 RunTime 49: Bad DLL Calling Convention

I have just installed SQL6.5 on a server and I am using VB4.0.  I
downloaded the SQL Programmers SDK so that VB can use the DB-Libraries.

It appears that my SQLINIT() works properly.
It appears that my statement:

        Sqlconn = SqlOpenConnection("Server", "SQLUSER", "", "", "")

Works properly - Connects to our server.
When I get to the next statement:

        rc = SqlUse(Sqlconn, "pubs")

the run-time error 49:  Bad DLL Calling Convention  error appears.
I assume that the command is passing the wrong variable type to the DLL
being used.   I may have the wrong version of the DLL installed as
well.  I am running this on my NT4.0 workstation where I have installed
the utilities only.  The Utilities and the DB are installed on the
server.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to check to resolve the DLL
problem?

Please E-mail me for additional information if needed.

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 RunTime 49: Bad DLL Calling Convention

I figured out my problem - I am developing 16-bit apps and the SDK is
for 32-bit apps.

IS THERE a 16-bit SDK for VB4.0 and SQLSERVER?  HELPPPP!!!

Quote:

> I have just installed SQL6.5 on a server and I am using VB4.0.  I
> downloaded the SQL Programmers SDK so that VB can use the DB-Libraries.

> It appears that my SQLINIT() works properly.
> It appears that my statement:

>         Sqlconn = SqlOpenConnection("Server", "SQLUSER", "", "", "")

> Works properly - Connects to our server.
> When I get to the next statement:

>         rc = SqlUse(Sqlconn, "pubs")

> the run-time error 49:  Bad DLL Calling Convention  error appears.
> I assume that the command is passing the wrong variable type to the DLL
> being used.   I may have the wrong version of the DLL installed as
> well.  I am running this on my NT4.0 workstation where I have installed
> the utilities only.  The Utilities and the DB are installed on the
> server.

> Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to check to resolve the DLL
> problem?

> Please E-mail me for additional information if needed.

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Possible answer to Err 49: Bad DLL calling convention

2. Run-time error '49': Bad DLL calling convention

3. Possible answer to Err 49: Bad DLL calling convention

4. Bad DLL calling convention (error 49)

5. Error 49: Bad Dll Calling convention

6. Help Re: error 49 Bad DLL calling convention

7. Error 49 -- Bad DLL Calling Convention

8. error 49 - bad dll calling convention

9. Bad Calling Convention error 49 - due to calling a Sub in a .bas module

10. Help! Bad DLL Convention(49)

11. error 49 - Bad DLL callling convention

12. Access200 - Error 49: "Bad DLL calling..."