Error 3197 - Data has changed, operation stopped - singleuser
Author Message
 Error 3197 - Data has changed, operation stopped - singleuser

I have a VB3 app that's been running happily with some years with an
Access DB. I've just started to run it on another machine, copying the DB
backwards and forwards with me as I go. But I get 2 errors that I never had
before:
Error 3197 Data has changed, operation stopped
when I go from one record to the next.
The help says that I am in a multiuser environment and the other user has
changed the record between Edit and Update. This is untrue - I am the only
user on the machine. What's to be done?

I get Error 70 (Permission denied) when I use FileCopy to
backup some files before exiting the program. As far as I know, I don't
have any file protection set up on the machine, and no user IDs are defined.

I'd be VERY grateful for any help in tackling these new errors on an old
(and unchanged) application.
--
Simon Rayner
Why not walk Offa's{*filter*} this year? 177 miles of uncrowded countryside.

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help Re: Possible Causes For 3197 - Data Has Changed - Operation Stopped

2. error 3197: data has changed

3. Data has changed error 3197

4. Problem w/ Data has changed Error #3197

5. What is Error: 3197 Data has changed operation stopped?

6. How to handle Error #3197 (Data has changed; operation stopped)?

7. Getting error 3197 "Data has changed - operation stopped"

8. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

9. Error 3197, the jet database stopped

10. Not getting err 3197: Data has changed

11. SQL Server : Data has changed operation stopped.

12. SQL Server : Data has changed operation stopped