Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?
Author Message
 Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?

I am using a VB 6.0 front end with Access 97 DB's.

I cannot upgrade the DB's because the end client only has Access 97 with
no plans to uprade yet.

Is it possible to row level locking with Access 97 DB's ?.

I realise this is available with the JET DB Engine version 4.0.  Can I
use this version with my Access 97 DB's and still use row level locking
?.

Thanks, Mike.

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?
No, It is not available to Access 97 or lower databases.

Scot

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?

Quote:

> I am using a VB 6.0 front end with Access 97 DB's.
> I cannot upgrade the DB's because the end client only has Access 97 with
> no plans to uprade yet.

Ummmm...are you thinking that each user must have the MS-Access program
installed in order for your VB app to work with data in .mdb files?
Seems to me I read somewhere that you can distribute a VB app with its
.mdb without user having Access at all, let alone a matching version ;-)
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?"
     - Nick Lowe

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?
Thanks for your replies !.

When does row level locking start ?.

Is it with the Jet Engine, i.e. Version 4.0, and can this feature only
be used with Access 98 DB's and above ?.

It must be possible to use an Access 87 DB with Jet V 4.0 ?.

P.S. Jim, I realise that I don't need Access to be installed for my VB
program to work with an Access 97 DB.  It's simply that Access 97 is the
version that my customers end users have, and occasionally use with this
particular DB, and therefore I cannot upgrade the DB beyond this
version.

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?
Hi Mike,

Yes you can use the OLEDB provider for 4.0 with Access 97 databases.
However with 97 databases you cannot use all of the functionality of the
provider (such as Row level locking). FOr that you would have to upgrade
the DB to jet 4.0 (Access 2000)

Scot

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?
Scot,

Thanks.

Mike.

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 Row-Level Record Locking

2. Using a Data Control in VB5 accessing a user-level secure Access 97 DB

3. row-level locking with dao and access 2000

4. Row-Level locking in Access 2002 e VB6

5. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

6. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

7. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

8. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

9. Row Level Locking Help???

10. Row Level Locking

11. How to do record/row level locking?

12. How do I apply row-level locking in SQL server with ADO