Help please: "File not found"
Author Message
 Help please: "File not found"

When I try to run a VB3 database application I get the error message "File not found". I
have checked that all the correct versions of DLLs and VBXs are installed and the
database is in the correct directory.
It's not just the EXE file, because I even installed the whole VB3 package and tried to
run the uncompiled program. Data Manager won't work in the newly installed VB either.
Is this a Windows 95 registry problem? What am I missing?
Help, please.

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: "File not found"

Quote:

> When I try to run a VB3 database application I get the error message "File not found". I
> have checked that all the correct versions of DLLs and VBXs are installed and the
> database is in the correct directory.
> It's not just the EXE file, because I even installed the whole VB3 package and tried to
> run the uncompiled program. Data Manager won't work in the newly installed VB either.

Hi Mike,

Don't you just love those helpful MS error msgs - lost count of the
number of
times I've screamed "yeah, but which damned file" at my monitor.

Some ideas:
1. Check that you have msafinx.dll in c:\windows\system. This is a
common cause
of "file not found" (it contains some of the VB date functions).
2. Do a search of your entire drive and look for duplicate occurrences
of DLL's
and VBX's - "file not found" may mean "I found it, but it's not the
version I
was expecting".
3. Do you have a machine that it *does* work on ? If so, try doing a
dump from
WPS.EXE (think it's in one of the VB sub-directories) and see if you can
identify
a DLL/VBX  that is loaded on the working machine, that you don't have on
the
broken machine.

/Pete
---

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC error - "file not found" Help

2. ODBC error - "File not found" - Help

3. Calling a DLL gives "File Not Found", but File Exists

4. "File not found:VBA6.DLL"

5. "File or Assembly not found"

6. Strange "File not found" error

7. "File not found" error

8. Error 32504 "File not Found"

9. "File Not Found" Error

10. "file Not found"

11. "File Not Found"-(The Saga Continues)

12. Setup - "File Not Found"