Connect Informix database thru ODBC driver using Visual Basic
Author Message
 Connect Informix database thru ODBC driver using Visual Basic

PC Configuration: Windows NT 4.0 with SP3, Informix CLI 2.5 ODBC driver
insalled.
I've created a simple program using VB6 to show recordset from any ODBC
DSN. I've no problem to open Access, Excel, Paradox & etc. But when I try
to open Informix database at about mentioned PC, I got an error
message : "This automation doesn't support this type of property or method"
My connection string as follow:

    sADOConnect = "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;" & sDSN & sConnect
    Set gConnection = New Connection
    gConnection.Open sADOConnect

where sDSN and sConnect are the ODBC DSN, UID and PSW.

Do I have to use another provider? If yes where can I get it?

                      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. informix ODBC driver for I-Connect cannot support the RDO

2. Connecting vb4 to an ingres database using datadirect odbc driver

3. VB or MFC Application using Informix ODBC Driver

4. VB or MFC Application using Informix ODBC Driver

5. VB or MFC Application using Informix ODBC Driver

6. Page Fault error accessing Informix tables using Intersolv ODBC Driver

7. visual basic / odbc / informix - Have you ever??

8. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

9. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

10. HELP: Using ADO to connect to a Teradata ODBC driver

11. register Informix database in Visual Basic

12. QUES: Recommendation for ODBC driver for Informix and VB application