Millennium Bug?
Author Message
 Millennium Bug?

If you want to show the yyyy in dates within your database, change the
short format for date in the control panel. Dates within Microsoft
applications are held in such a way that the new millennium won't be a
problem!

Quote:
> I am creating a database which stores date and time.
> I have used the format function to:
> 1). Utilise the European standard of Day/ Month/ Year.
> 2). Also to ensure that the year is stored using 4 digits to avoid errors
> in the new millenium.
> This has been done by using:
> Mydate = Format(Date, "dd/mm/yyyy")

> The program seems to accept the above format, though when viewing the
> database dates are shown as for example:
> 05/18/97.

> My questions are two:
> a). Can I force databases to store dates in the correct format that is:
> 18/05/1997
> b). Also what will happen on the 01/01/00?

> Best rgs
> Brian Zarb Adami
> Malta

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 and Millennium Bug?

2. Want to Smile About the "Millennium Bug"?

3. Pagis Pro. 3.0 Millennium

4. MS Windows Millennium

5. Millennium compliancy and VB4

6. Millennium Product

7. Problems with imgscan control (startscan) in windows millennium (windows me)

8. Millennium Install Problem

9. Millennium version information

10. IDE BUGs, BUGs, BUGs....

11. BUGS BUGS BUGS!

12. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs