UPDATE query not updating records
Author Message
 UPDATE query not updating records

I am using VB4 with DAO 3.0 and a MS Access database version 7.
I am trying to update a table T1 with the following query:

Dim SQL As String
SQL = "UPDATE T1 INNER JOIN T2 ON T1.ID=T2.ID SET T1.Name = T2.Name"
Call DB.Execute(SQL, dbFailOnError)

with T1 containing a foreign key ID that references T2.ID.

The query executes withou an error and even reports the correct number of
records affected but the records remain unchanged.
If I execute the same query within Access it works.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6,Access97,ADO - Update query doesn't update all records

2. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

3. Lost updated record after Update!

4. Query records, update then append?

5. Did update query change records?

6. Creating an Update to New Record Command Button on Form Based on Multitable Query

7. Jet 3.51 with VB5: Large SQL update query misses some records

8. Updating Records in Query

9. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

10. ADODB.Recordset.Update does not update?

11. CAB files not updating on client side when VBscript is updated

12. SQL Update not Updating