Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6
Author Message
 Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6

Dear friends,

Does any one knows what can I do to open one MDB database build with Access
2000 with my VB6... I receive the message: unrecognized database format...

PS: I need a DAO solution not ADO...

Thanks

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6
Use Provider: Microsoft 4.0 OLEDB Provider.

Quote:
> Dear friends,

> Does any one knows what can I do to open one MDB database build with
Access
> 2000 with my VB6... I receive the message: unrecognized database format...

> PS: I need a DAO solution not ADO...

> Thanks

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6
Set a reference to DAO 3.6.

--
Grant Levy
VB6 SP3 on Win95 OSR2

Quote:
> Dear friends,

> Does any one knows what can I do to open one MDB database build with
Access
> 2000 with my VB6... I receive the message: unrecognized database format...

> PS: I need a DAO solution not ADO...

> Thanks

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6
Are you saying one MUST use an ADO data control? Does this mean that all the
code that relies on the standard VB "Data Control" must be redone? I cannot
believe that this would be acceptable to most people, especially since MS is
quick to point out that DAO is much more mature, more complete and faster.
Why isn't there any discussion of Access 2000 compatibility on the MS VB web
sites? Is there a way to use the regular Data Control with Access 2000
tables? Am I missing something?

Fernand

Quote:
> Use Provider: Microsoft 4.0 OLEDB Provider.

> > Dear friends,

> > Does any one knows what can I do to open one MDB database build with
> Access
> > 2000 with my VB6... I receive the message: unrecognized database
format...

> > PS: I need a DAO solution not ADO...

> > Thanks

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Open MDB (Access 2000) With VB6
Yes you can use the regular data control ... to a point. Check DejaNews.
This question gets answered at least twice a week in this particular
newsgroup.

--

Mark Lewis
Corporate Consultants

Quote:
> Are you saying one MUST use an ADO data control? Does this mean that all
the
> code that relies on the standard VB "Data Control" must be redone? I
cannot
> believe that this would be acceptable to most people, especially since MS
is
> quick to point out that DAO is much more mature, more complete and faster.
> Why isn't there any discussion of Access 2000 compatibility on the MS VB
web
> sites? Is there a way to use the regular Data Control with Access 2000
> tables? Am I missing something?

> Fernand

> > Use Provider: Microsoft 4.0 OLEDB Provider.

> > > Dear friends,

> > > Does any one knows what can I do to open one MDB database build with
> > Access
> > > 2000 with my VB6... I receive the message: unrecognized database
> format...

> > > PS: I need a DAO solution not ADO...

> > > Thanks

Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opening Access 97 mdb file with Windows 2000

2. Problem opening Access 2000 mdb using ADO

3. Opening Access 2000 mdb using DAO

4. VB6.0 Visual Data Manager to read Access 2000 .mdb's

5. MDB in VB6 and Access 2000

6. CR8.5, VB6 & Access 2000 MDB File

7. Access 2000 MDB and VB6.0 SP5 and datagrid

8. Opening Access 2000 MDF's in VB6

9. VB6 does not Open Access 2000 database?

10. Opening Access 2000 MDF's in VB6

11. open Access 2000 form only in VB6

12. Still can't open access 2000 in VB6 SP4