Crystal Reports Help Needed
Author Message
 Crystal Reports Help Needed

Hello,

I have a database accessed using DAO.

One of the fields in a table is "status" which have either values "A" or
"L".
"A" basically means "available" and "L" means "loaned"
so when i insert the field into a Crystal Report, it showed up as "A" or "L"
which is not what i want.
My question is, how can i format the field such that is will show as
"Available" for a record with "A" and "Loaned" for a record with "L"?

One more question.
The crystal report seems to store an absolute path to the database where it
extracts data.
Is it possible to specify a relative path instead?  How do I go about doing
it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Royd

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports Help Needed
1.
Write a formula in CR. Something like ...

If [database.fieldname] = "A" then "available" Else "loaned"

Search the Help for "formulas" if you need to.

2.
Not that I am aware of.
I either just put the reports in the same folder as the database files or
create a database of links to all databases and put it in the reports
folder. Remembering to set all the reports to the option ("same as report")
that looks for the databases in the same folder as the reports. It's
important to remember that everytime you "verify database" in CR that you
then double-check this "same as report" option because it may change back to
an absolute path.

--
Mark Lewis
Corporate Consultants

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have a database accessed using DAO.

> One of the fields in a table is "status" which have either values "A" or
> "L".
> "A" basically means "available" and "L" means "loaned"
> so when i insert the field into a crystal report, it showed up as "A" or
"L"
> which is not what i want.
> My question is, how can i format the field such that is will show as
> "Available" for a record with "A" and "Loaned" for a record with "L"?

> One more question.
> The crystal report seems to store an absolute path to the database where
it
> extracts data.
> Is it possible to specify a relative path instead?  How do I go about
doing
> it?

> Thanks for your help.

> Regards,
> Royd

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports Help Needed
I have noticed that even with the database path set to "Same as report",
the path is still not truly dymanic.  I had a couple of compiled reports
that had to be moved, and even though I moved the database with them so
that they were still in the same directory, I tried to run the reports
and received a message that the tables could not be found.  I had to
open the reports in Crystal, locate the tables, and save them.
Apparently the path is always etched when the report is saved.

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports Help Needed
If you are using the active x control then set the datafiles property if
using automation the use setlocation for your tables ...there is an example
of both in the crystal developer help files
Nancy

Quote:
> I have noticed that even with the database path set to "Same as report",
> the path is still not truly dymanic.  I had a couple of compiled reports
> that had to be moved, and even though I moved the database with them so
> that they were still in the same directory, I tried to run the reports
> and received a message that the tables could not be found.  I had to
> open the reports in Crystal, locate the tables, and save them.
> Apparently the path is always etched when the report is saved.

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports Help Needed
You can specify a relative path to the database by using the crystal OCX
control and using the .datafiles (I think as I don't have access at
present) property to point to wherever you want (either implicitly coded
or by using an open dialog box.

check out the help - it's all in there.

David

Quote:

> 1.
> Write a formula in CR. Something like ...

> If [database.fieldname] = "A" then "available" Else "loaned"

> Search the Help for "formulas" if you need to.

> 2.
> Not that I am aware of.
> I either just put the reports in the same folder as the database files or
> create a database of links to all databases and put it in the reports
> folder. Remembering to set all the reports to the option ("same as report")
> that looks for the databases in the same folder as the reports. It's
> important to remember that everytime you "verify database" in CR that you
> then double-check this "same as report" option because it may change back to
> an absolute path.

> --
> Mark Lewis
> Corporate Consultants
> www.ccxpress.com
> "There are always alternatives."

> > Hello,

> > I have a database accessed using DAO.

> > One of the fields in a table is "status" which have either values "A" or
> > "L".
> > "A" basically means "available" and "L" means "loaned"
> > so when i insert the field into a crystal report, it showed up as "A" or
> "L"
> > which is not what i want.
> > My question is, how can i format the field such that is will show as
> > "Available" for a record with "A" and "Loaned" for a record with "L"?

> > One more question.
> > The crystal report seems to store an absolute path to the database where
> it
> > extracts data.
> > Is it possible to specify a relative path instead?  How do I go about
> doing
> > it?

> > Thanks for your help.

> > Regards,
> > Royd

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Please help !!! Crystal Report Help Needed

2. Crystal Report Help needed

3. Visual Basic and Crystal Report Help needed.

4. ###### Crystal Reports help needed #####

5. CRYSTAL REPORT HELP NEEDED FOR NEWBIE

6. Crystal Reports Help Needed

7. Crystal Report Help needed

8. Crystal Reports Help Needed

9. Printing Crystal Reports report help needed

10. Need help printing LARGE reports with vb3.0 and Crystal Reports

11. Need help to write a report with Crystal Report

12. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5