OLE DB error -2147217887 with client side cursor
Author Message
 OLE DB error -2147217887 with client side cursor

Hi,

I'm using VB6 (provider is ole db for odbc, recorset is adodb, clientside,
static, batchoptimistic) to connect to an Informix 9.2 database.

I am having trouble multiplying fields using SQL.  When I execute the
following text

 "Select client, sum(shares * share_factor) as net_shares from pend_txn
where txn_date = '06/05/2000' group by cl_id"

I get a recordset without error, but if I try to display the data I get the
following error:

 -2147217887 Multiple-step operation generated error.  Check each status
value.

If I run the same select using just ODBC and an SQL editor, I do not have
any problems.

Any Ideas?

Brian

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Tracing client side ole db

2. Server side or client side cursors?

3. ADO-Access2000: Server-side vs Client-side cursor

4. ?client-side vs server-side cursors

5. Client Side and Server Side Cursors

6. difference betwen Client-side and Server-side cursors?

7. Error 2147217887 -- "Errors Occurred"

8. Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC-internal client library error

9. Dynamic Recordset and Client Side Cursor

10. ADO and Client Side Cursors & Locking

11. ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?

12. ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?