UPDATE sql statement?
Author Message
 UPDATE sql statement?

Hi,
  I issue one sql statement: UPDATE tabel SET field1=value1,field2=value2
  I wonder if some records are locked, so this sql will update the rest
records or all records or no record.

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UPDATE sql statement?
On 18 Sep 1998 06:28:00 GMT, "Grace Dai"

Quote:

>Hi,
>  I issue one sql statement: UPDATE tabel SET field1=value1,field2=value2
>  I wonder if some records are locked, so this sql will update the rest
>records or all records or no record.

It depends on if the DBMS supports transactions. If it does, then
nothing will be updated. If it doesn't then noone knows what exactly
will happen (DBMS dependent), which is why transactions are useful.

Erick

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. checking on an update sql statement

2. Executing UPDATE SQL statements in DAO 3.5 and VB5

3. UPDATE sql statement?

4. How to Define and Execute an Update SQL Statement that refers to a control on a form?

5. Can I issue Update SQL statement in Data Manager ?

6. Problem on SQL-Update Statement with a Data-Control in VB 5 and SQL Server 7.0

7. Dates in SQL update statements

8. Send Update Statement to SQl 6.5

9. Update Database - SQL Insert Statement

10. How to update datefield by using sql statement?

11. Need Help - SQL update statement

12. SQL UPDATE statement