Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6
Author Message
 Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6

Hello,

Is there anyone who knows how to open a Access 97 .MDB file and work with
the report made in Access ? I wish to open, and print a Access report from
VB.

Thanks for the help,

Greetings Sukkel

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6
you have to use the snapview.ocx control to open the access report. other
condition of doing this you have to have access installed on each desktop.
please check the articles in microsoft site titled as "
HOWTO: Use ASP to Create an Access Report Snapshot and Display it on a Web
Page
"
the situation is nealy the same

Quote:
> Hello,

> Is there anyone who knows how to open a Access 97 .MDB file and work with
> the report made in Access ? I wish to open, and print a Access report from
> VB.

> Thanks for the help,

> Greetings Sukkel

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6
Is snapview.ocx a ms one ? I seem not to have this one. Thanks for the
information so far.

Quote:

>you have to use the snapview.ocx control to open the access report. other
>condition of doing this you have to have access installed on each desktop.
>please check the articles in microsoft site titled as "
>HOWTO: Use ASP to Create an Access Report Snapshot and Display it on a Web
>Page
>"
>the situation is nealy the same

>> Hello,

>> Is there anyone who knows how to open a Access 97 .MDB file and work with
>> the report made in Access ? I wish to open, and print a Access report
from
>> VB.

>> Thanks for the help,

>> Greetings Sukkel

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6
Try running this code dbpath is a const set int the module pointing to the
database.

Private Sub vieWAccess(report As String, rec As String)

beginprocess: On Error GoTo MyError

If mSa Is Nothing Then

    Set mSa = New Access.Application
    mSa.OpenCurrentDatabase (dbpath)
    DoEvents
Else
mSa.DoCmd.Close
End If

mSa.Visible = True

mSa.DoCmd.OpenReport report, acViewPreview, , rec
mSa.DoCmd.Maximize
Exit Sub

MyError:
    mSa.Quit
    Set mSa = Nothing
    Resume beginprocess
End Sub

Quote:
Is there anyone who knows how to open a Access 97 .MDB file and work with
the report made in Access ? I wish to open, and print a Access report from
VB.

Thanks for the help,

Greetings Sukkel

.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6
Thanks dennis,

Sukkel