ISAM error exe trying to open access 2000 database
Author Message
 ISAM error exe trying to open access 2000 database

Is there a known way to solve the ISAM error when my program exe tries
to access an Access 2000 database?

I have read article after article that says it is a known error in
SP4, but can someone tell me how I can permanently fix this problem?

Thanks

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:11:37 GMT
 ISAM error exe trying to open access 2000 database
I have a simular problems and have not found a solution yet.
(see my post as of today)

Quote:
> Is there a known way to solve the ISAM error when my program exe tries
> to access an Access 2000 database?

> I have read article after article that says it is a known error in
> SP4, but can someone tell me how I can permanently fix this problem?

> Thanks

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:34:53 GMT
 ISAM error exe trying to open access 2000 database
Well I am in the same boat I went thru the registry, Uninstalled
reinstalled Office 2000, Unistalled Reinstalled sp4... That really dumb
thing about it is you can open database in access 2000 you can even run
the programs you are working on in vb6 from vb6 but once you comiple it
and try to run it you get....

"Couldn't find installable ISAM."

ACC2000: "Couldn't find installable ISAM." Error Message
[Q209805]

Is all I can find on it so far...

George

Quote:

> Is there a known way to solve the ISAM error when my program exe tries
> to access an Access 2000 database?

> I have read article after article that says it is a known error in
> SP4, but can someone tell me how I can permanently fix this problem?

> Thanks

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:09:00 GMT
 ISAM error exe trying to open access 2000 database
Ok I D/L Sp4 the complete one off microsofts site aprox 129mb and
reinstalled that and that fixed my problem listed below...

Thank God for T1 lines...

Quote:

> Well I am in the same boat I went thru the registry, Uninstalled
> reinstalled Office 2000, Unistalled Reinstalled sp4... That really dumb
> thing about it is you can open database in access 2000 you can even run
> the programs you are working on in vb6 from vb6 but once you comiple it
> and try to run it you get....

> "Couldn't find installable ISAM."

> ACC2000: "Couldn't find installable ISAM." Error Message
> [Q209805]

> Is all I can find on it so far...

> George

> > Is there a known way to solve the ISAM error when my program exe tries
> > to access an Access 2000 database?

> > I have read article after article that says it is a known error in
> > SP4, but can someone tell me how I can permanently fix this problem?

> > Thanks

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:36:49 GMT

1. ISAM error when VB6 SP4 exe tries to open access file

2. Access 2000 Database Error - error opening file

3. Can't find installable ISAM when accessing Access 2000 database

4. Error 53 when trying to open Access database (sometimes)

5. Error 53 when trying to open Access database (sometimes)

6. VB6 SP4 ACCESS 2000 Error 3170 Couldn't find installable ISAM on runtime

7. VB6 SP4 ACCESS 2000 Error 3170 Couldn't find installable ISAM on runtime

8. ODBC and ISAM - error with SQL database when trying to sent Connect property

9. Error while opening dBase database through ISAM

10. opening a database without the Access 2000 shell

11. ACCESS 2000: Problem opening database... (info inside)

12. Opening a Project database (.mpd) with Access 2000