VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0
Author Message
 VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0

OK, I just upgraded my VB 4.0 to VB 5.0 and am working also in VFP 5.0a
( Note:  Both are part of Visual Studio).  However, when I open the data
connection tool under VB 5. and click on DataSource, I get a list of
stuff (Access, XCEL, FoxPro 2.0-2.6, and VFP 3.0) NO VFP5.0 and I have
looked all over the place in the Microsoft Web Site for any clue as to
what to do.

HELP Please.   I'm trying to show my boss the speed differances between
VFP5 and VB5 with the files our app already uses.

Thanks
Steve Britz

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0

Quote:
>OK, I just upgraded my VB 4.0 to VB 5.0 and am working also in VFP 5.0a
>( Note:  Both are part of Visual Studio).  However, when I open the data
>connection tool under VB 5. and click on DataSource, I get a list of
>stuff (Access, XCEL, FoxPro 2.0-2.6, and VFP 3.0) NO VFP5.0 and I have
>looked all over the place in the Microsoft Web Site for any clue as to
>what to do.

Hi Steve,

I did the following to connect VB 5.0 to a VFP 5.0 database.
Used the ODBC Administrator to create a data source which was connected
to my VFP database.
Then in the VB 5.0 user connection designer I used that data source.

HTH
--
James Sharier Jr. <><

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0

Quote:

> OK, I just upgraded my VB 4.0 to VB 5.0 and am working also in VFP 5.0a
> ( Note:  Both are part of Visual Studio).  However, when I open the data
> connection tool under VB 5. and click on DataSource, I get a list of
> stuff (Access, XCEL, FoxPro 2.0-2.6, and VFP 3.0) NO VFP5.0 and I have
> looked all over the place in the Microsoft Web Site for any clue as to
> what to do.

> HELP Please.   I'm trying to show my boss the speed differances between
> VFP5 and VB5 with the files our app already uses.

> Thanks
> Steve Britz

Steve,

You need to go to the Visual Studio Owners' area, select VFP, download
VFPODBC5, and install it.  Then, to connect to a VFP database, set up
the VFP database with a DSN and use ODBC.  It works like a champ.

Sometimes clues on the web site are hard to find (g).

Richard Katz

Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

2. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

3. VFP 5.0 and VB 5.0

4. VB 5.0 Data Bound Controls and VFP 5.0 Databases

5. VB 6.0 and VFP 5.0 Database

6. VB interface to VFP 5.0

7. VFP 5.0 & VB 5 Sp3

8. VFP 5.0 incompatible with VB 4

9. VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

10. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

11. vfp 5.0 the problem of graph wizard

12. Accessing a VFP 5.0 DBC...Need Views!!!