Updating Tables with SQL in VB6 using vfoxpro tables
Author Message
 Updating Tables with SQL in VB6 using vfoxpro tables

Hi everyone-
Somewhat of a newbie here and need some advice on the most efficient means
of updating a vfp file from Visual Basic. Main objective: take 'session'
table and merge it with the 'history of previous sessions' table, adding
only the items that are not on the  the history file.
Im using ADO and doing in code- load the first item of session dbf then do
.find "like '" & stritem & "%'"
in the history dbf. Is there a faster way of updating a vfoxpro dbf without
duplicating records? The way I did it worked but is so god awful slow there
has got to be a better and quicker way to do it. Does it have any thing to
do with what .odbc drivers or connection strings are used?
Thanks

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:05:08 GMT
 Updating Tables with SQL in VB6 using vfoxpro tables
AdoAnywhere suggests:

Good
 50% increase in speed with CursorLocation of Server using Select SQL.
Bad
 Asynchronous Execution not supported by driver.
 Possibly unable to set optimize property of field of fast sorting and
filtering.

If you can obtain VFP OLEDB provider then you may get better results.
Only available with Microsoft Visual Foxpro.

Mike.

--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons) Comp Sci
ADO Support Tools.

Quote:
> Hi everyone-
> Somewhat of a newbie here and need some advice on the most efficient means
> of updating a vfp file from visual basic. Main objective: take 'session'
> table and merge it with the 'history of previous sessions' table, adding
> only the items that are not on the  the history file.
> Im using ADO and doing in code- load the first item of session dbf then do
> .find "like '" & stritem & "%'"
> in the history dbf. Is there a faster way of updating a vfoxpro dbf
without
> duplicating records? The way I did it worked but is so god awful slow
there
> has got to be a better and quicker way to do it. Does it have any thing to
> do with what .odbc drivers or connection strings are used?
> Thanks

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:55:48 GMT

1. Update DB2 with SQL 7.0 table using VB6

2. Update SQL table from data in another table

3. Unable to update joined table using DataEnvironment in VB6

4. how to update a Numeric field in a table using VB6 ADO

5. Cant update SQL 7.0 Tables using VB.

6. Using SQL commands in VBscript to update ACCESS table

7. Using SQL commands in VBscript to update ACCESS table

8. SQL: using UPDATE across multiple tables

9. ADO, SQL Server Updating Recordset using 2 Tables

10. Transfer Record within Access 2000 Tables using VB6 Sql

11. Transfer Record within Access 2000 Tables using VB6 Sql

12. Export tables from SQL 7 using VB6