using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine
Author Message
 using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine

I have written an app that used ADO 2.7 and need to load
the application on a machine that will run either Winodws
95 or Windows 98.

I understand that I can download the necessary files but
am not suree which files I will need to download.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Joe

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 02:36:29 GMT
 using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine

I have written an app that used ADO 2.7 and need to load
the application on a machine that will run either Winodws
95 or Windows 98.

I understand that I can download the necessary files but
am not suree which files I will need to download.

Can someone please help me with this?

You will probably need both MDAC and Jet 4.0 SP3 (if this is an Access database application):

http://www.microsoft.com/data/?RLD=68

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 03:09:03 GMT
 using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine
Paul,

Thanks. I am new to this.  I am using Access for the
database.  Which MDAC would I download?  Do I just
download the Jet 4.0 SP3?  Can I put these on a CD and
transfer them later?  I don't know if the computer that
this app will run on has internet access.

Thanks,

Joe

Quote:

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 03:20:36 GMT
 using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine

Paul,

Thanks. I am new to this.  I am using Access for the
database.  Which MDAC would I download?  Do I just
download the Jet 4.0 SP3?  Can I put these on a CD and
transfer them later?  I don't know if the computer that
this app will run on has internet access.

If you're using ADO 2.7, then you need to install MDAC 2.7 and Jet 4.0 SP3.

Assuming you're using the Package and Deployment Wizard (or another setup package) to create your
setup, you can include both of these on your distribution CD.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:45:05 GMT
 using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:45:05 -0600, Paul Clement

microsoft.public.vb.database:

Also if your using Win95 you will need DCOM as well.  By default you don't need
DCOM for Win98 it already has it.

http://www.microsoft.com/com/resources/downloads.asp

William

Quote:

> Paul,
>
> Thanks. I am new to this.  I am using Access for the
> database.  Which MDAC would I download?  Do I just
> download the Jet 4.0 SP3?  Can I put these on a CD and
> transfer them later?  I don't know if the computer that
> this app will run on has internet access.
>

>If you're using ADO 2.7, then you need to install MDAC 2.7 and Jet 4.0 SP3.

>Assuming you're using the Package and Deployment Wizard (or another setup package) to create your
>setup, you can include both of these on your distribution CD.

>Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:02:45 GMT
 using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:45:05 -0600, Paul Clement

microsoft.public.vb.database:

Also if your using Win95 you will need DCOM as well.  By default you don't need
DCOM for Win98 it already has it.

http://www.microsoft.com/com/resources/downloads.asp

Thanks for mentioning that because I had forgotten about it. Here is some more
info that might be helpful (or possibly confusing):

INFO: Deploy Database Applications with the Package and Deployment Wizard (PDW)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q213846

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:30:26 GMT

1. Error Win 95 Machines Using VB (Works Fine on NT Machines)

2. ADO 2.5 and 2.7 using For XML EXPLICIT causes problems in the results

3. Can't get IP Address on Windows 95 machine

4. HELP! Error 424, On Some Windows 95 machine

5. Sharing Folders on a Windows 95 machine

6. If you are using Windows 95 or Windows NT

7. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

8. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

9. Datagrid with ADO 2.7

10. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

11. Setting the ActiveConnection property of a Command Object (ADO 2.7)

12. ADO 2.7 recordset binding