ODBC Direct Connection still usuable.
Author Message
 ODBC Direct Connection still usuable.

We have a VB app, using ODBCDirect through DAO to connect to a SQL Server
6.5 database.  What we would like to be able to do is to determine if a
Connection (or Database ) object still exists to the database at any point
in time.  At present, the only thing we seem to be able to do is to try and
run the query and if an error occurs, depending on what the error is, we can
determine if the connection has gone down and if so attempt  to reconnect.
This seems to be a clumsy way of doing things.

Is there any way to "poll" a connection and determine if it is still valid?

KEG

Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Direct connection to Oracle without ODBC?

2. ODBC, ODBC Direct, SQLVB ?

3. ODBC Connection Strings for LDAP<->ODBC in Visual Basic for MS Access

4. ODBC-connection to BASIS ODBC Driver

5. ODBC connections using ODBC

6. Cant add records to Oracle table using ODBC Direct

7. Reading via ODBC, direct updates do not show up

8. runtime executable/ODBC Direct

9. ODBC Direct

10. Whats faster DAO or ODBC Direct?

11. ODBC Direct and SQL Server 6.5