Error 429 - Active X - DAO
Author Message
 Error 429 - Active X - DAO

I have a big, big problem.
Please, give me a solution.
After i re-install my computer (change of hard-disk), my VB application give
an error.
Error 429 - The ActiveX component can't create object.
I made few tests:
Now I have a form with only one label and my only line of code is:
        Private Sub Form_Load()
            Label1.caption = DBEngine.Version
        End sub

And this code gives me the same error.

I make a reference to the DAO 3.51 Library
My installation:
        - VB 6.0
        - Windows 98
        - Access 97

I've installed the mdac 2.1 from microsoft.com/data, I've checked the
register Keys,
Someone sent me this link
http://www.*-*-*.com/
ALLKB&FR=0
but all I tried didn't work.

Now I don't know what to do !!

Thank for your help, and I hope that my english is understanding.

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Active X - DAO
I had the same problem with my machine when I re-installed Windows.
The error only occured when I "Ran" the app I created through VB.
To solve it I ran the "installer" I created and actually installed the
application on my PC. Then it seemed to work for me and I was able to run
the app again.

Hope this helps.....

- Curt

Quote:
> I have a big, big problem.
> Please, give me a solution.
> After i re-install my computer (change of hard-disk), my VB application
give
> an error.
> Error 429 - The ActiveX component can't create object.
> I made few tests:
> Now I have a form with only one label and my only line of code is:
>         Private Sub Form_Load()
>             Label1.caption = DBEngine.Version
>         End sub

> And this code gives me the same error.

> I make a reference to the DAO 3.51 Library
> My installation:
>         - VB 6.0
>         - Windows 98
>         - Access 97

> I've installed the mdac 2.1 from microsoft.com/data, I've checked the
> register Keys,
> Someone sent me this link
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/3/77.ASP?LNG=EN...
> ALLKB&FR=0
> but all I tried didn't work.

> Now I don't know what to do !!

> Thank for your help, and I hope that my english is understanding.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Active X - DAO
Before reinstalling windows, try installing the dcom98, mdac, then your
app. (rebooting after each install)  that might do it.   The P&D wizard
does not always install all files.  I have learned this the hard way in the
last few weeks

Quote:
>I had the same problem with my machine when I re-installed Windows.
>The error only occured when I "Ran" the app I created through VB.
>To solve it I ran the "installer" I created and actually installed the
>application on my PC. Then it seemed to work for me and I was able to run
>the app again.

>Hope this helps.....

>- Curt

>> I have a big, big problem.
>> Please, give me a solution.
>> After i re-install my computer (change of hard-disk), my VB application
>give
>> an error.
>> Error 429 - The ActiveX component can't create object.
>> I made few tests:
>> Now I have a form with only one label and my only line of code is:
>>         Private Sub Form_Load()
>>             Label1.caption = DBEngine.Version
>>         End sub

>> And this code gives me the same error.

>> I make a reference to the DAO 3.51 Library
>> My installation:
>>         - VB 6.0
>>         - Windows 98
>>         - Access 97

>> I've installed the mdac 2.1 from microsoft.com/data, I've checked the
>> register Keys,
>> Someone sent me this link
>> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/3/77.ASP?LNG=EN...
>> ALLKB&FR=0
>> but all I tried didn't work.

>> Now I don't know what to do !!

>> Thank for your help, and I hope that my english is understanding.

A thought for Saturday:

Young normal tigers do not eat people.  If eaten by a tiger,
you may rest assured that he was abnormal.
                         - Will Cuppy
----------------------------------------------4/29/00 7:36:52 AM--

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem : Error 429 - Active X - DAO

2. Error 429 - Active X - DAO

3. Run Time Error 429: Active-X component can't create object

4. Runtime error 429 - Active x...-VB6

5. error in run time 429: Active -X component cannot create

6. Please Help - Error 429 - Active X Component Can't Create Object

7. Run Time Error 429 - DAO?

8. Error 429 and DAO 3.5 - MICROSOFT, SOME SUPPORT PLEEEEEEEASE

9. Error 429: Open DAO-Database

10. DAO error 429 and permission denied -- HELP PLEASE!!!!!

11. VB4 and DAO run time error 429

12. Runtime error 429 with VB6 pgm using DAO when Office 2000 installed