VB Program locking up windows
Author Message
 VB Program locking up windows

Greetings All,

I have  developed a small VB app that communicates with SQL Server via
RDO, this app
makes two stored procedure calls.  The stored procedures only return 0
or 1 depending on
the success of the operation.  This app does not do any heavy
computation nor does it take
up a lot of space.  When I run this app and attempt to open Microsoft
Word the app and
Word seem to lock up?  Is there any way to avoid this from happening?
Can I tell VB to
put aside a chunk of memory exclusively for itself?  Can I statically
link the ocx and dll files?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours, Louis

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Program locking up windows
Check help for DoEvents

It allows windows share time to other progs too
when your prog is running in loop.

Regards

Tim

Quote:

> Greetings All,

> I have  developed a small VB app that communicates with SQL Server via
> RDO, this app
> makes two stored procedure calls.  The stored procedures only return 0
> or 1 depending on
> the success of the operation.  This app does not do any heavy
> computation nor does it take
> up a lot of space.  When I run this app and attempt to open Microsoft
> Word the app and
> Word seem to lock up?  Is there any way to avoid this from happening?
> Can I tell VB to
> put aside a chunk of memory exclusively for itself?  Can I statically
> link the ocx and dll files?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Yours, Louis

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. System lock-ups

2. Directly invoking a Windows program from VB program

3. installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

4. HOW TO RESTART WINDOWS OR EXIT WINDOWS IN MY VB PROGRAM

5. How can I force VB to start a program as top window in Windows 2000

6. changing a VB program window into a child window

7. Locking <program>.dll in VB.net when working on web projects

8. MAPI Calls lock up my VB program - HELP

9. Available: Freeware Program Registration Lock/Unlock Source Code for VB Shareware Programmers

10. VB program causes directory lock on NT

11. MAPI calls lock up my VB program - HELP

12. Paradox 8 Locking Out My VB Program