Use Ado to open Foxpro 3.0 Dbf Table!!!
Author Message
 Use Ado to open Foxpro 3.0 Dbf Table!!!

Dim DataCon As New adodb.Connection
Dim Datarec As New adodb.Recordset

DataCon.Open ("provider=FoxPro 3.0;data source=C:\Pro32\ardata")

Datarec.Open ("Select * from arcust99")

Dao 3.6 don't support Faxpro3.0 then i try to use ado to open dbf table...
but it give me some error "Provider  not found!!!"
and other error!!!!

what i want is to open a dbf table in this
directory(C:\pro32\ardata\arcust99.dbf") and select one of the
filed(Balance) to display on my form and later update back to the dbf table.
and also add/delete a record to this table.

Vincent

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:49:56 GMT
 Use Ado to open Foxpro 3.0 Dbf Table!!!

Dim DataCon As New adodb.Connection
Dim Datarec As New adodb.Recordset

DataCon.Open ("provider=FoxPro 3.0;data source=C:\Pro32\ardata")

Datarec.Open ("Select * from arcust99")

Dao 3.6 don't support Faxpro3.0 then i try to use ado to open dbf table...
but it give me some error "Provider  not found!!!"
and other error!!!!

what i want is to open a dbf table in this
directory(C:\pro32\ardata\arcust99.dbf") and select one of the
filed(Balance) to display on my form and later update back to the dbf table.
and also add/delete a record to this table.

See if the following helps:

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:30:43 GMT

1. Using FoxPro 3.0 tables in VB using ADO

2. ADO connection using Foxpro table (DBF) - SQL

3. How to open free dbf table using ADO

4. Open Foxpro dbc/dbf with ADO

5. insert a record into Foxpro DBF File it using ADO

6. Error Trapping in ADO using a Foxpro dbf as a data source

7. Accessing a FoxPro .dbf using ADO

8. Directory path problem opening *.DBF table in VBA via ADO

9. how to access a foxpro 3.0 dbf which is linked to a dbc

10. Using ADO to open DBF in VB

11. Any native database to use in VB, like DBF foxPro table in Visual Foxpro, with no ado connection and recordet need, like visual foxpro?

12. Link FoxPro Table in Access 2000 using ADO