connect to sql server through sql-dmo
Author Message
 connect to sql server through sql-dmo

Hi,

I am a newbie to VB.Net and sql-dmo.  I am trying to connect to an instance
of sql server through my application using sql-dmo.  I am having a problem
connecting to sql server.  I do the following:
Dim objServer As SQLDMO.SQLServer
objServer = New SQLDMO.SQLServer()
objServer.Connect("(local)", "sa", "")

But I am getting an error when I use the Connect method.  The error is
diffiuclt to decipher, something about "unhandled win32 exception".
Any help is appreciated.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:47:18 GMT

1. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

2. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

3. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

4. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

5. SQL DMO (creating SQL Jobs/steps)

6. Using SQL-DMO to restore SQL databases

7. Memory Leak with SQL Server DMO Job Object

8. SQL Server 6.5 DMO - bulkcopy problem

9. SQl Server DMO's

10. SQL-DMO Trying to list servers -help!

11. SQL-DMO Start Server

12. SQl Server DMO's