Help, ADO & Oracle Procedure
Author Message
 Help, ADO & Oracle Procedure

Now I am trying to get the message from the oracle procedure as
follows using ADO in VB6.0

create or replace procedure PTAIN002
(v_partcode in varchar2,
 v_engno in varchar2,
 v_message out varchar2)
is

v_groupid number(2);
v_grouptot number(3);
v_grouppas number(3);

begin

UPDATE TTAMS301
SET PASSAGE = 1
WHERE PARTCODE = v_partcode
AND   ENGNO = v_engno;

COMMIT;

SELECT GROUPID INTO v_groupid
FROM TTAMS301
WHERE PARTCODE = v_partcode
AND   ENGNO = v_engno;

SELECT COUNT(*) INTO v_grouptot FROM TTAMS301
WHERE GROUPID = v_groupid;

SELECT COUNT(*) INTO v_grouppas FROM TTAMS301
WHERE GROUPID = v_groupid
AND   PASSAGE = 1;

IF v_grouptot = v_grouppas then
        DELETE TTAMS301
        WHERE GROUPID = v_groupid;

        UPDATE TTAMS301
        SET GROUPID = GROUPID - 1;
END IF;

COMMIT;

EXCEPTION
WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
ROLLBACK;
v_message := 'T/A NO "' || v_partcode || v_engno || '" COULD NOT BE
FOUND';
WHEN OTHERS THEN
v_message := 'OTHER ERROR OCCURRED.';

end PTAIN002;

I had tried several ways to get this message. but I couldn't find out
the correct way.

How can i get the message from oracle procedure using ADO?

Looking forward to your answer.

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help, ADO & Oracle Procedure

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP ==>Oracle Stored Procedure using ADO(VB)

2. HELP ==>Oracle Stored Procedure(PACKAGE) using ADO(VB)

3. Need help passing an array to an Oracle procedure using Oracle Objects for OLE

4. Help - ADO & Oracle Long Datatype

5. Urgent--Datagrid &ADO & ORACLE

6. ADO: Calling Multiple Oracle Stored Procedures at once

7. Returning resultsets from Oracle stored procedures via ADO?

8. ADO + Stored Procedure + Oracle

9. ADO executing oracle stored procedure/function

10. Oracle stored procedures and ADO

11. VB6 & Oracle Stored Procedures

12. ASP & Oracle stored procedure errors