SQL statement updateable in Acces but not SQL Server
Author Message
 SQL statement updateable in Acces but not SQL Server

In Access if I run the following query, I can update the results; however,
if I use RDO data control and a bound grid in VB, I can't update it.  If I
leave off the Left Join and take out the one field it displays, I can update
it.  Can I not update a SQL Server (6.5) with a LEFT JOIN cursor?

SQL:
SELECT WD.Hours,WD.Type AS AbsAttend,WD.TypeCode AS Premium,WD.FacilityCode
AS RecvOrder,WD.TaskCode AS Task,Codes_Tasks.descTask AS
TaskDescription,WD.WorkDate,WD.EmployeeCode,WD.cdActType,WD.empPN,WD.DTStamp
,WD.UserID
FROM WorkDistribution AS WD LEFT JOIN Codes_Tasks ON WD.TaskCode =
Codes_Tasks.cdTask

RDO is of  a Keyset type.

Thanks,
Kevin

Fri, 31 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL updateable in Access but not SQL Server

2. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

3. OCX for editing SQL-Statements (SQL-Server)

4. Problem on SQL-Update Statement with a Data-Control in VB 5 and SQL Server 7.0

5. Write One SQL statement execute in Oracle and SQL Server

6. Extracting SQL Statements from Views - SQL Server

7. SQL statement 'where' in acces database

8. SQL statement 'where' in acces database

9. Change Dir Loc of Acces DB in VB6 (using SQL statement for data)

10. SQL where-statement in acces database

11. Attaching updateable SQL Server views in code

12. Unable to create updateable connection to SQL Server