Access a password protected access database.
Author Message
 Access a password protected access database.

My access-database has a password.
I want to connect to this database by using ado.connection object.

If I do not use password everything works ok.
When I add password to my DB, I am not able to get a connection.

Can anyone send me a connectionstring that is working (verified).
Im using access2000.

thanks!

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:57:12 GMT
 Access a password protected access database.
The database password feature is pretty flimsy and probably not worth
the bother. The code to bypass it is all over the internet. If you're
still determined, you can find all sorts of connection strings on Carl
Prothman's web site:
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Faq.htm

-- Mary
Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672319446/mcwtechnologies/

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:57:12 +0100, "Aage Eilertsen"

Quote:

>My access-database has a password.
>I want to connect to this database by using ado.connection object.

>If I do not use password everything works ok.
>When I add password to my DB, I am not able to get a connection.

>Can anyone send me a connectionstring that is working (verified).
>Im using access2000.

>thanks!

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:41:54 GMT

1. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

2. VB4: How to let a Data control access a password protected ACCESS database

3. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

4. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

5. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

6. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

7. Automating Word Mail merge from a password-protected Access database

8. Password protected database (Access 97)

9. Password protecting the Access database

10. How to open password protected access database?

11. Access a database with is protected with a password

12. Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database