Create Tables with Vb 5.0 
Author Message
 Create Tables with Vb 5.0

I am very new to VB programing as a matter of fact I do not even own the
program yet.  I have been using dBase and Visual dBase for many years
and want to learn Visual Basic programing if I can do the same type of
things with Basic as I can with dBase.

In evaluating VB I have one basic question that I can not get past.  Can
I use VB 5.0 to create a Table or Database or Rowset what ever you
choose to call a container for holding permanent data.  In the write-ups
on VB it taks about SQL and ODBC both no problem.  But what about when
you simply want to create and manipulate local tables.  Perhaps I am to
used to dBase but it is what I understand.  I would appreciate any
comments to help me understand my options.

PS. One of the reasons that I am looking for another language is that
small apps created with Visusal dBase require a large (3.5) Meg run time
module to distribute. How does this compare with VB 5.0.  Other than
that Visual dBase is great.

Frank Button



Thu, 24 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Create Tables with Vb 5.0

Quote:
>Can
>I use VB 5.0 to create a Table or Database or Rowset what ever you
>choose to call a container for holding permanent data.  

Sure.

Quote:
>But what about when
>you simply want to create and manipulate local tables.

No problem.

Quote:
>PS. One of the reasons that I am looking for another language is that
>small apps created with Visusal dBase require a large (3.5) Meg run time
>module to distribute. How does this compare with VB 5.0.

If you want to use Jet you need to distribute the Jet engine run-time.
I haven't added it all up, but it's in that range.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com



Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Creating Identity Colum when Creating table through Code in VB

2. Connecting VB to Visual Foxpro 5.0 Tables

3. How do I bind columns from several tables to one bound control in VB 5.0

4. VB 5.0 - multiple tables and queries.

5. Can't access Paradox 5.0 table from VB 3.0

6. Access Table with Pictures AND VB 5.0

7. Paradox table locking and VB 5.0

8. How to rename table with VB 5.0

9. VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

10. Using CRW 4.6 /VB 5.0 to report Oracle 8.0 object table data

11. Problems trying to compact my access table w/ VB 5.0 code

12. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software